The Bioimaging Facility acts as a support structure to help and nurture research done with Light Microscopy inside the institute. Besides managing resources, the unit provides iMM scientists and visitors with excellence in scientific know-how and expertise in using light microscopy methods for their research.
We assist in planning microscopy-oriented projects, choosing materials and equipment, analyzing experimental results, processing acquired images and presenting data.
Together with continuous training of new users, we organize regular courses to introduce users to the most recent microscopy techniques and foster interactions and collaborations between microscopy users at the iMM.
The Bioimaging systems are available on the online booking system for trained researchers 7 days a week and 24 hours per day. User training in each particular system is mandatory, even for researchers with previous microscopy experience.
Spinning Disk Confocal Microscopes
- 3i Marianas SDC - inverted spinning disk confocal microscope with motorized stage, piezo and EM-CCD
- Zeiss Cell Observer SD - inverted spinning disk confocal microscope with motorized stage, piezo, Definite Focus and EM-CCD.
Point Scanning Confocal Microscopes
- Zeiss LSM 880 - inverted confocal microscope with Airyscan detector, Definite Focus, motorized stage and large cage incubator
- Zeiss LSM 710 - inverted confocal microscope with large cage incubator
Light Sheet Fluorescence Microscopes
- Zeiss Lightsheet Z1 - lightsheet microscope prepared for water and clearing media immersion imaging
Widefield Fluorescence Microscopes
- Zeiss Cell Observer - motorized inverted fluorescence widefield microscope with Definite Focus, motorized stage and large cage incubator
- Zeiss Axiovert 200M - motorized inverted fluorescence widefield microscope with motorized stage and top stage incubator
- Leica DM5000B - automated upright widefield fluorescence microscope
Fluorescence Stereo Microscopes
Other Imaging Systems
- IVIS Lumina - bioluminescent / fluorescent imaging system
We charge according to booked time in each microscopy system. Online booking is mandatory for each usage session and cancellations are allowed if they are made prior to reserved time. Users that do not show up at their booked sessions will be charged in full.
How to use the service
All new users must contact the Bioimaging Facility (email@example.com) for training in each specific system.This also applies to researchers with previous experience in microscopy.
Only trained users are allowed to book usage sessions on a particular microscope.