We aim to attract highly motivated and dedicated Post-Doctoral Fellows, and we are committed to supporting their training and advancement towards successful scientific careers.
Approximately 100 scientists currently make up the iMM Post-Doctoral community. Post-Doctoral Fellows actively participate in global iMM activities and benefit from a Training Program structured around specific actions defined by themselves and the iMM Training Hub team.
Thus, in order to foster the development of iMM Post-Doctoral Fellows, the Training Program has the following main goals:
- Promote scientific discussions and sharing of experiences by organizing dedicated meetings and retreats;
- Develop the repertoire of scientific and "soft" skills through workshops (given by experts) on topics such as grant writing or science communication;
- Inform and discuss, in dedicated "career path" seminars, the opportunities in Academia and outside, namely in the Pharma, Clinical Trials or Publishing sectors;
- Facilitate and enhance mentorship, in particular via an optional "Second Mentor" with whom to discuss science and career moves;
- Promote socialization in regular informal events aimed at building a "sense of community".
Ultimately, the Program aspires to create a branding "signature" of iMM Post-Doctoral Fellows that increases their international competitiveness in the next stages of their professional careers.