Lídia Silva Santos Postdoctoral Achievement Award
The Lídia Silva Santos Postdoctoral Achievement Award intends to distinguish the outstanding work of Postdocs during the pandemic years of 2020-2022.
1. All Postdocs who have obtained their doctoral degree within less than 7 years at the deadline of the call;
2. The achievement (discovery, paper, patent or other result of scientific activity) must refer to the period from 1st May 2020 to 1st May 2022;
3. The Postdoc must be a researcher at iMM;
4. The achievement work must have been performed at iMM.
1. Candidates should fill in the template provided and submit it to email@example.com. If necessary/adequate, additional material can be provided (if more than 10MB please use a file transfer service such as “WeTransfer”).
2. The Group Leader must send a letter of support directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, according with the template provided.
Applications will be accepted from April 1st to May 1st, 2022.
Applications will be evaluated by an external scientific panel, taking into account the information provided in the templates, with the following evaluation criteria:
- i) Originality and impact of the scientific accomplishment
- ii) Candidate’s personal statement
- iii) Group Leader’s letter of support
- iv) Candidate´s CV
Candidates should select 1 of 3 external evaluation panels: Cell & Mol Biology, Infection & Immunity, Neurosciences.
Results will be announced at the iMM Scientific Retreat (1st July 2022).
Winners will present their work at the iMM Monday lecture on the 4th July 2022.
Results will be disseminated through iMM´s website and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
Up to 3 awards will be granted, depending on the number of candidates and quality of the applications. The value for each award is 2000€.