Epileptogenesis & Epilepsy Network
Funding Agency European Commission
Funding Programme Horizon 2020
Call/Topic WIDESPREAD-05-2020 - Twinning
Project Reference 952455
Start Date 2020.11.01
Duration 36 months
Total Investment EUR 900 000 (EU contribution: EUR 900 000)
Project Coordinator Ana M. Sebastião
Project Beneficiaries Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM), Lisbon, Portugal; Amsterdam Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Netherlands; Sapienza University of Rome, Italy; University of Lund, Sweden
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 952455.
EpiEpiNet brings together reputed neuroscientists that have in common the aim of understanding of the basic mechanisms of epileptogenesis and their impact in synaptic and brain circuitry dysregulation, and to contribute to the development of innovative therapies against refractory forms of epilepsy.
"Promote collaborative multidisciplinary & translational research in epilepsy"
"Promote public awareness on epilepsy caregiving and research to patient communication"
- Increase scientific and technological innovation in epilepsy research by interchange of ideas and researchers among partners;
- Promote joint grant application and joint traning of PhD students;
- Train young researchers and promote their internationalization;
- Increase the awareness of epilepsy among the caregivers, patients & society.
- Promote scientific meetings;
- Promote thematic hands-on workshops and summer schools;
- Promote short-term & on-site training visits for scientific and technology transfer between partners;
- Promote community-oriented debates & dissemination material.