PhD Students’ ActivitiesPhD Students at iMM are challenged to actively suggest activities to foster both scientific and social networking between the research community.
PhD Students Committee
The iMM PhD students’ activities are organised by the PhD Students’ Committee.
Committee Members 2019/2020
Adriana Temporão (LFigueiredo Lab)
Ana Raposo (CFonseca Lab)
Bárbara Correia (MRemondes Lab)
Carlos Custodia (JBarata Lab)
Carlos Ramos (VMorais Lab)
Catarina Tomé (JFonseca Lab)
Cláudia Afonso (GBernardes Lab)
Diogo Lourenço (ASebastiao Lab)
Eunice Paisana (JBarata Lab)
Filipa Gonçalves (VMorais Lab)
Inês Faleiro (SAlmeida Lab)
Joana Saraiva (LLopes Lab)
Joana Ribeiro (LLopes Lab)
João Gomes (ASebastiao Lab)
Leandro Barros (MVeldhoen Lab)
Mariana A. Ferreira (NMorais Lab)
Marta Fernandes (JBarata Lab)
Nuno Agostinho (NMorais Lab)
Patrícia Campos (MVeldhoen Lab)
Pedro Barbosa (CFonseca Lab)
Raquel Azevedo (MPrudencio Lab
Rita Belo (ASebastiao Lab)
Rui Rodrigues (ASebastiao Lab)
PhD Students' Representatives 2019/2020
Eunice Paisana and Elvira Leites are the elected PhD students' representatives that will promote the PhD students’ interests within iMM community.
Eunice Paisana (JBarata Lab): firstname.lastname@example.org
Elvira Leites (VMorais Lab): email@example.com
PhD Students Annual Meeting
The annual PhD Students meeting is organized entirely by PhD students. It is the place by excellence where students present their work to the iMM/CAML community. Moreover, it includes seminars from renowned scientists.
13th PhD Students Meeting
Date: May 15th to 17th, 2018
Venue: Egas Moniz Building, FMUL/iMM, Lisbon
- Marino Zerial - Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden, Germany
- Miguel Nicolelis - Duke University Medical Center, USA
- Fátima Carneiro - Faculdade de Medicina do Porto, Portugal; Centro Hospitalar São João, Porto, Portugal; Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia da Universidade do Porto (Ipatimup), Portugal
PhD Students Annual Retreat
During the 2-day Retreat, PhD students and researchers engage in scientific and group activities fostering team spirit and social interaction.
PhD Students Retreat 2018
Pousada da Juventude de Santa Cruz
September 20th to 22th, 2018
Students' Workshop Series
Since 2016, the PhD Students’ Committee organizes a Workshop series to increase training aimed at the acquisition/consolidation of scientific and transversal competences, as well as to explore the diversity of career paths for PhD-holders.
- Communication: How to present in a scientific congress, by Malcolm Love, October 2016.
- Graphic Design in Science, by Gil Costa, November 2016.
- Exploring different career paths, with David Marçal, Helena Vieira, Vanessa Morais and Hugo Ferreira, December 2016.
- The road map to the scientific job market, by Pedro Borges Caroço (Michael Page), March 2017.
- Communication: Turn yourself into a successful speaker, by Malcolm Love, October 2017.
- Graphical design: How to tell a story with a picture, by Gil Costa, March 2018.
- LINK yourself INto the online job market, by Jean Branan, April 2018.
Students' Seminar Series
Students organize a Seminar Series - The Pizza Seminars - informal meetings that happen twice a month.