CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Instituto de Medicina Molecular (iMM) is now accepting applications for the 2017 class of the International PhD Program: Lisbon Biomedical and Clinical Research PhD Program (LisbonBioMed). We seek applicants who are passionate about the intersection of basic and clinical sciences, and aspire to impact 21st century biomedical research by answering questions leading to improved treatment, prevention and diagnosis of disease.
This international Program will recruit 13 new PhD students for the year 2017. Successful candidates will demonstrate scientific curiosity, determination to approach intellectual challenges, motivation to learn new skills and to develop novel ways towards understanding human health and disease.
Each LisbonBioMed PhD student will be offered:
- privileged education at Instituto de Medicina Molecular (iMM), a leading European biomedical research institute;
- tailor-made curricular offer; following a common training module, courses are selected according to a personal development plan;
- the chance to choose the PhD research project and supervisor (you’ll find a list of potential supervisors for the 2017 edition here);
- possibility to spend between 3 and 12 months outside Portugal in a top-level research institution to develop the research project;
- a scholarship in biomedical sciences (full tuition and stipend for 4 years).
LisbonBioMed is supported by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT).
The application deadline is November 25th, 2016.